1877 TOURS & ACTIVITIES
Did you know La Ceiba is a hot spot for bird watching, water rafting and hikes?
Come discover La Ceiba with us!
We offer day tours in and around La Ceiba and complete expeditions to La Moskitia or Mosquito Coast. Our tours, just like 1877 Hostel are top notch, we guarantee a good time and do our best to accomodate all of your needs.
So, what can you do while in La Ceiba?
1. Take a PADI DIVING COURSE such as Scuba Tune-Up, Discover Scuba, Scuba Diver, Open Water and Advanced Open Water. Confined sessions are done at Hotel Paris which provides a great pool for awesome sessions, starting at $125!
2. DAY TRIPS TO RIO CANGREJAL for WATER RAFTING action, and KAYAKING laguna El Cacao. Day or half-day trips can be arranged to this beautiful Honduran Gem, full of adrenaline, totally a great experience.
The trip has a minimum of 2 persons and have a price of $45 per person. Includes transport from 1877 Hostel-Cangrejal and back, park entrance, snack and guide through the park.
3. HIKING PICO BONITO National Park. Pico Bonito forms one of Honduras’ best-known national parks. The park is the second largest national park in the country, covering an area of 1073 square kilometres including its buffer areas. With plunging waterfalls that feed several rivers Pico Bonito is a great option for those that enjoy the outdoors and nature.
4. CAYOS COCHINOS DAY TOURS: The tour starts at Sambo Creek and from then on you will head to Cayos Cochinos where you will be guided through the different cays, crystal clear waters awaits you and a nice hike in one of the beautiful cays ….later lunch is available when a pit stop is made at the Garifuna village where you can eat and simply relax and enjoy the view.
The trip has a minimum of 3 people and has a price starting at of $40 per person.
5. CUERO Y SALADO DAY TOUR, this is a reserve where you visit mangroves and get to see howling monkeys among other beautiful animals
6. SAMBO CREEK CANOPY TOURS & SPA: Come enjoy a day of zip lining, hot springs and mud baths, it will be a incredible experience! A minimum of 3 people is required for this tour, $50 per person.
All of our tours include pick-up and drop-off at 1877 Hostel.
MULTI-DAY EXPEDITIONS IN HONDURAS:
For extreme enthusiasts we have expeditions to Rio Plátano Biosphere Reserve located in the Moskitia or Mosquito Coast, a remote jungle in Honduras home to over different species of animals, also known as the “Amazon” Jungle of Central America. This tour is a multi-day tour and your guide is one of the few experts in the world on the Moskitia Jungle. Please contact us for more information.